5 Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath
November 22, 2016
‘I love bad breath’, said no one ever! No matter how gorgeous you are, if your breath stinks, the only thing that you are going to attract are fleas. Halitosis or chronic bad breath isn’t uncommon and definitely not a medical emergency but a very common nuisance – 20-30 per cent of the world population suffers from this distressing ailment.
There are many causes of bad breath including poor dental hygiene, irregular eating and sleeping habits, food you consume, illness etc. Whatever be the causes, with the right measures one can treat the underlying disorder and easily keep bad breath in check.
Here are 5 easy solutions to treat foul mouth breath:
- Stay hydrated: One of the simplest ways to curb bad breath is drinking a lot of water. Your mouth needs to be hydrated enough to generate saliva and maintain the PH level of your mouth. Saliva has antimicrobial qualities that keep odour-causing bacteria at bay.
- Brush Floss Repeat: Bad breath is directly related to bad dental habits. Brushing at least twice a day and flossing after meals helps remove plaque and food debris stuck in between the teeth and on the gum line. Flossing with a water flosser that facilitates using mouthwash in the flosser itself, like Oral Care’s Water Flosser, is another effective way to keep plaque away. Oral Care’s portable Water Flosser can even be carried around easily during your travel. No plaque = no bacteria. Don’t forget to clean your tongue with a tongue scraper. Tongue cleaning can effectively break down halitosis causing compounds and even remove dead cells. Rinsing with antibacterial mouthwash after every meal also helps reduce bad breath.
- Replace your toothbrush: Replace your tooth brush every 3 months and particularly after a sickness to keep out bacterial infection.
- Healthy diet: It’s a no brainer that eating healthy food and maintaining a balanced diet is good for health. A healthy body is less prone to ailments and diseases and keeps bad breath in check automatically. Eating a lot of fresh fruits, vegetables, food with citric acid like lemon, oranges stimulates saliva helps fight halitosis-causing bacteria.
- Home remedies: Get a quick fix for bad breath with simple ingredients found in your kitchen. Foods like cloves or fennel seed have antiseptic components that fight bacteria. Chewing on sprigs of basil or mint leaves gives an instant burst of freshness.
Your breath is an indicator of your health. If you are suffering from bad breath even after maintain a good dental routine, you need to visit your doctor. As said above chronic bad breath might be a sign of critical illnesses that need to be detected and treated soon. A healthy mouth is often a good indication of your overall health.
TAGS : Tags: Advanced Oral Care, bad breath remedies, dental care, dental tips, get rid of bad breath, halitosis